Barkham Blue Butter
The saltiness and tang of this cheese makes this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers.
Write a review
- 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled
- 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- Beat all the ingredients together until fairly smooth and use straight away.
- Alternatively transfer to a sheet of clingfilm or kitchen foil and roll into a
- log about 3cm in diameter, then refrigerate or freeze until required.
- Keeps for a week in the fridge, or three months in the freezer.
- I’m a great fan of Barkham Blue cheese which regularly appears on the menus at my two local restaurants The Greyhound near Henley on Thames, and Windsor Grill. A rich, blue cheese which is traditionally made – and one which is so versatile. I do care Two Hoots about my cheese. Delighted to give you two recipes to enjoy. Antony Worrall Thompson MOGB awtrestaurants.com awtonline.co.uk
Two Hoots Cheese http://twohootscheese.co.uk/