- 3 flat mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 rashers unsmoked back bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 100g/3½oz Barkham Blue cheese, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and reserve them for the stuffing. Drizzle the mushrooms with two tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan and fry the mushrooms, gill-side down, for a couple of minutes or until they are turning golden brown.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for about five minutes, or until softened.
- Chop the mushroom stalks and add them to the pan along with the bacon. Fry for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly browned. Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced. Stir in the cream and half of the cheese.
- Turn the mushrooms over and pile in the filling. Top with the rest of the cheese and sprinkle with the chopped sage.
- Place onto a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese has begun
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Yields 300 The saltiness and tang of this cheese make this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers. INGREDIENTS 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature 2 tbsp snipped chives freshly ground black...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...