- 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled
- 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- Beat all the ingredients together until fairly smooth and use straight away.
- Alternatively, transfer to a sheet of clingfilm or kitchen foil and roll into a
- log about 3cm in diameter, then refrigerate or freeze until required.
- Keeps for a week in the fridge, or three months in the freezer.
I’m a great fan of Barkham Blue cheese which regularly appears on the menus at my two local restaurants The Greyhound near Henley on Thames, and Windsor Grill. A rich, blue cheese which is traditionally made – and one which is so versatile. I do care Two Hoots about my cheese. Delighted to give you two recipes to enjoy. Antony Worrall Thompson MOGB awtrestaurants.com awtonline.co.uk
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 500g spring greens or spinach, roughly chopped olive oil butter 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 400g risotto rice 150ml white wine chicken stock fresh, cube or concentrate made up to 600ml, hot 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf...