- 2 fl oz of double cream
- 2 oz Barkham Blue (rind removed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- Melted butter to grease ramekins
- Grease the ramekins first and set the oven to 235
- Now place cream into a pan, and put to the side.
- Meanwhile, whisk the white until a stiff peak.
- Bring cream to boil then remove from heat then add the yolk and finally the cheese.
- Add the peaked whites to this, fold in gently, and now divide into the ramekins.
- Place in an oven for 9 mins.
- Serve with glazed pears.
This will hold up for only 1 minute so you need to cook and eat. Enjoy!!!
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Yields 300 The saltiness and tang of this cheese make this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers. INGREDIENTS 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature 2 tbsp snipped chives freshly ground black...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...