- 4 large field mushrooms
- 100g Barkham Blue cheese, finely chopped
- 25g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 thyme sprigs
- knob butter, cut into small pieces
- rocket leaves, to serve
- 1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray. Scatter over the cheese, walnuts, thyme sprigs and butter. You can do up to this stage a day in advance.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 10 mins until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are softened. Arrange some rocket leaves on plates and place the mushrooms on top.
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Yields 300 The saltiness and tang of this cheese make this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers. INGREDIENTS 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature 2 tbsp snipped chives freshly ground black...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...