- 4 large field mushrooms
- 100g Barkham Blue cheese, finely chopped
- 25g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 thyme sprigs
- knob butter, cut into small pieces
- rocket leaves, to serve
- 1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray. Scatter over the cheese, walnuts, thyme sprigs and butter. You can do up to this stage a day in advance.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 10 mins until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are softened. Arrange some rocket leaves on plates and place the mushrooms on top.
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 500g spring greens or spinach, roughly chopped olive oil butter 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 400g risotto rice 150ml white wine chicken stock fresh, cube or concentrate made up to 600ml, hot 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf...
Serves 4 by Mark Hix There are still good leaves around in the winter months such as watercress, rocket and small spinach leaves. This is a good light salad or starter. Barkham blue is one of my favourite British blue cheeses, made at Two Hoots Cheese (0118-976 0401;...
This pie is wonderfully rich. Earthy beetroot adds to this wonderful winter dish.INGREDIENTS For the rough puff pastry: 250g/9oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting 250g/9oz cold butter, cut into small cubes ½ tsp salt 125ml/4½fl oz ice-cold water For the pie filling:...