- Couple of handfuls of small salad leaves such as buck leaf sorrel,
- Landcress or watercress
- 2 ripe conference pears, peeled, cored and cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 30-40 good quality walnut halves
- 2tsp sea salt
- 1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 120-150g Barkham blue cheese
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
- 1tsp grain mustard
- Cut the walnuts on a tray; scatter with sea salt, then drizzle over a tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil. Lightly colour under a preheated grill for a few minutes, turning every so often. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing; toss the leaves and pears in the dressing and arrange on plates. Break the cheese into small pieces and scatter on the salad.
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Yields 300 The saltiness and tang of this cheese make this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers. INGREDIENTS 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature 2 tbsp snipped chives freshly ground black...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...