- Couple of handfuls of small salad leaves such as buck leaf sorrel,
- Landcress or watercress
- 2 ripe conference pears, peeled, cored and cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 30-40 good quality walnut halves
- 2tsp sea salt
- 1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 120-150g Barkham blue cheese
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
- 1tsp grain mustard
- Cut the walnuts on a tray; scatter with sea salt, then drizzle over a tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil. Lightly colour under a preheated grill for a few minutes, turning every so often. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing; toss the leaves and pears in the dressing and arrange on plates. Break the cheese into small pieces and scatter on the salad.
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 500g spring greens or spinach, roughly chopped olive oil butter 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 400g risotto rice 150ml white wine chicken stock fresh, cube or concentrate made up to 600ml, hot 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf...
Serves 4 A low-carb treat, ready in 5 mins 5 min 10 min15 min INGREDIENTS 4 large field mushrooms 100g Barkham Blue cheese, finely chopped 25g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped 4 thyme sprigs knob butter, cut into small pieces rocket leaves, to serve INSTRUCTIONS...
This pie is wonderfully rich. Earthy beetroot adds to this wonderful winter dish.INGREDIENTS For the rough puff pastry: 250g/9oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting 250g/9oz cold butter, cut into small cubes ½ tsp salt 125ml/4½fl oz ice-cold water For the pie filling:...