- 2 fl oz of double cream
- 2 oz Barkham Blue (rind removed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- Melted butter to grease ramekins
- Grease the ramekins first and set the oven to 235
- Now place cream into a pan, and put to the side.
- Meanwhile, whisk the white until a stiff peak.
- Bring cream to boil then remove from heat then add the yolk and finally the cheese.
- Add the peaked whites to this, fold in gently, and now divide into the ramekins.
- Place in an oven for 9 mins.
- Serve with glazed pears.
This will hold up for only 1 minute so you need to cook and eat. Enjoy!!!
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 500g spring greens or spinach, roughly chopped olive oil butter 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 400g risotto rice 150ml white wine chicken stock fresh, cube or concentrate made up to 600ml, hot 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf...
Serves 4 by Mark Hix There are still good leaves around in the winter months such as watercress, rocket and small spinach leaves. This is a good light salad or starter. Barkham blue is one of my favourite British blue cheeses, made at Two Hoots Cheese (0118-976 0401;...
Serves 4 A low-carb treat, ready in 5 mins 5 min 10 min15 min INGREDIENTS 4 large field mushrooms 100g Barkham Blue cheese, finely chopped 25g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped 4 thyme sprigs knob butter, cut into small pieces rocket leaves, to serve INSTRUCTIONS...