- 3oz Barkham Blue cheese
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 small stem of thyme
- ½ tomato ciabatta
- 20ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 225
- Push the cheese into the bottom of a ramekin
- Peel off the thyme leaves and sprinkle over the cheese
- Slice garlic clove into 4/5 pieces and push into the cheese
- Lightly toast the tomato ciabatta with a little drizzle of olive oil (both sides)
- Put ramekin in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese just starts melting
- Serve with the hot toast
Serves 4 A great winter warmer soup – and thoroughly British – OK with a nod to the French for the bread!INGREDIENTS 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped 2 celery stalks, finely chopped 1...
Yields 300 The saltiness and tang of this cheese make this a great accompaniment for steaks and burgers. INGREDIENTS 150g/5 1/2 oz Barkham Blue, crumbled 150g/5 1/2 oz unsalted butter, diced then softened to room temperature 2 tbsp snipped chives freshly ground black...
Serves 2 INGREDIENTS 2 large steaks or 4 small steaks (your favourite cut and thickness) salt and pepper to taste 1 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) salt and...